The Equality Committee is committed to encouraging diversity amongst WCIT’s membership. Our aim is to ensure that our members are truly representative of all sections of the IT industry and society, and that each member feels respected and able to give of their best. Diversity on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, marital status (including civil partnerships), religion, disability and age is encouraged.
The Equality Committee organises a series of events promoting diversity among our membership and the wider community.
Terms of Reference
- To be the principal focal point for the Company’s interactions with members who need advice, support or guidance on matters of diversity and inclusion.
- To identify Company priorities for diversity and inclusion; make recommendations to the Court and to other committees and panels.
- To encourage diversity of membership and equality of opportunity to company benefits:
- Grow female membership in the Company
- Track and grow ethnic and cultural diversity
- Deliver and promote benefits which are available regardless of age, gender or ethnicity
- To run events, workshops, and discussions to identify initiatives and share best practices.
- To liaise with other organisations such as the British Computer Society’s BCSWomen Group, AbilityNet, and TechUK’s Women in Technology group.